Updated Information and Travel Requirements to visit Argentina
(As of October 26th, 2021)
Having exceeded 50% of the population vaccinated with 2 doses, Argentina has updated the conditions of entry of foreigners to Argentina. The conditions expressed below are dynamic according to the epidemiological situation, so we recommend contacting the local embassy and regulatory entities for information on updated requirements according to your nationality, country of residence and places recently visited.
Coronavirus travel advisory and regulations in Argentina
- People over 18 years of age must have a complete vaccination schedule, with the last application date at least 14 days before entering the country. Argentina admits the vaccines authorized in the country of origin.
- 48 hours before arriving in Argentina, foreign tourists need to fill out a Health Affidavit before getting to the airport. The link with the form is found in this link: http://ddjj.migraciones.gob.ar/app/
- Travelers must present a certificate of PCR test carried out with a maximum of 72 hours and a test with a negative result (covid 19).
- Obligatory quarantine is eliminated for unvaccinated minors under 18 years of age, who travel with their family. They must present negative PCR just like adults.
- Non-resident foreign citizens must also have travel insurance with coverage for COVID-19 care in Argentina, including hospitalization and isolation.
- It is recommended to register in the APP CUIDAR within 48 hours. of arrival to the country. In case the final destination is in the interior, we recommend inquiring about the provincial regulations that are applicable.
- Non-resident foreigners who do not come for tourist reasons and who do not present a complete vaccination scheme, duly authorized by Migrations to enter the country for work or medical reasons, must quarantine.
- If a person tests positive for covid, that person will have to quarantine. The subsequent tests that they have to do and the cost of the stay in the places of compulsory isolation provided by the provincial authorities must be assumed by the person who enters the country and must be carried out according to the rules established by the competent authorities. Both the infected person and her close contacts must comply with the isolation in the places provided by the corresponding national authorities and destined for this purpose, until the safe transfer to their place of residence is carried out, if applicable.
Open borders in Argentina are:
- Ezeiza International Airport, Jorge Newbery Airport, San Fernando Airport, Buquebus Port Terminal and Colonia Express Port Terminal.
- Misiones (Iguazu): Iguazú Border Center, Foz de Iguazú and Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport.
- Mendoza: Governor Francisco Gabrielli “El Plumerillo” International Airport and Cristo Redentor System Border Center, Horcones pass.
- Ushuaia: From 10/20 the International Airport “Malvinas Argentinas” and the Port of Ushuaia.
As of October 20, the cruise season is enabled.
The conditions expressed above are variable according to the epidemiological situation, so we recommend contacting the local embassy and regulatory entities for information on updated requirements according to your nationality, country of residence and places recently visited.
This information is sent for informational purposes only. The personal documentation and verification of immigration and health requirements in force at the time of making the trip is the absolute responsibility of the passenger.